Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CA4WDC Convention 2013

CA4WDC Convention 2013 2 years 2 months ago #268

2013 Convention is coming fast. I am organizing the Hospitaliy suites. If your club would like a hospitality suite please contact me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CA4WDC Convention 2013 2 years 2 months ago #269

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
I still do not understand why there is not a couple price for registration? My wife usually does not come to the meetings, so the only thing she comes to is the dinner. Makes for an expensive dinner.
$130 for both my wife and I is a bit outragious! That cuts into what we will buy from vendors, and tickets for the event raffle, and life member breakfast donations!
Before we even make a hotel registration, we are looking at $200 for the weekend. I have not looked at hotel prices yet, but I am sure they will be around $120 per night?

Just throwing my .02 cents out there.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.

Re: CA4WDC Convention 2013 2 years 2 months ago #270

I will pass on your comments to the chair. Hope to see you there.

Glenn

Re: CA4WDC Convention 2013 2 years 2 months ago #271

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
Yea, we will be there.
Makes for an expensive non-wheeling weekend is all.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.

Re: CA4WDC Convention 2013 2 years 2 months ago #278

Hey Todd,

I am really glad that you asked this question as it gives me the chance to highlight the differences at the 2013 convention. It is very likely that your wife will get more of her money's worth this year than you will.

The hotel has given us a reduced rate of $99 per night. If you arrive on Friday you will be able to attend old school hospitality suites hosted by various clubs on Friday night.

The vendor show looks like it will be pretty big this year. She will have many booths to visit to occupy her time while you are in the meetings. A portion of the vendor show will cater to the women that attend convention, such as Miche purses, Scentsy, Pampered Chef, etc. We also hope to offer two raffles; the Denim and Diamonds raffles. The tickets for the Denim raffle will be for the traditional raffle prizes, however the Diamond raffle will be for items your wife might be more inclined to enjoy. We will also be having an all-inclusive vehicle show for 2 wheel drive, and 4 wheel drives both street legal and green sticker.
Once she is done looking at the vendor show, car show and raffle prizes she might enjoy attending our wine tasting, beer sampling, first aid seminar, the fire suppression clinic, and/or quite a few more seminars that are in the works.

It might also not be a non-wheeling weekend for those that sign up, while space is still available, for our safety clinic at Prairie City just 10 minutes from the hotel.

At the banquet this year we are having a buffet instead of a plated meal. Your options will be:

Garden fresh vegetables with cream spinach dip
Mixed green salad with ranch dressing
Mixed greens salad with bleu cheese, cranberries, & walnuts

~ Entrees ~
Grilled New York Steak with sautéed mushrooms & caramelized onions
Garlic Chicken Breast
BBQ Pork Ribs
Penne Rustica with olive oil, garlic and roasted vegetables

~ Side Dishes ~
Ranch house beans
Mashed potatoes
Corn on the cob
Corn bread muffins
Seasonal fruit

~ And assorted cakes for desert ~

After the banquet we will also have music, dancing and entertainment.

My husband has been our clubs' delegate from day one and we have always been in your situation. He would sit in the meetings and I would be left with very little to do while paying the same price as he did. This is one of the reasons I stepped up to chair this event.

I hope that $65 now seems like it is buying you much more. Again, thank you for bringing up this extremely valid concern!

Amy Sagraves - Convention Chair
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by a_sagraves@yahoo.com.

Re: CA4WDC Convention 2013 2 years 2 months ago #279

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
Amy

Thanks for getting some fun things for our wives to do while we are in meetings.
I know my wife will enjoy it.
Might also get some info about old Sac also if they want to run down there and shop too.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds