Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013

A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 2 months ago #123

• rockjeep
  • Thank you received: 2
May I ask why cal4wheel voted and accepted a budget $45,000 in the whole for 2012-2013. I also hear there was no plans in place to make up the gap. Please tell me I'm wrong or that there are plans in place to close this gap.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 1 month ago #163

Yes there are plans, want to help implement the plans?
Thank you for your input.

Steve Egbert
Central District Vice President
CA4WDC Foundation Treasurer
Thank you for your input.

Steve Egbert
Central District Vice President
CA4WDC Foundation Treasurer

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 1 month ago #164

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
Steve

Can you share any of those ideas with us here?
If not, please send me a private email with the ideas.
We will help all we can.

I suspect that High Sierra is going to make more money than expected this year with BFG being present, and the Outstanding Trails presentation going on at the event also.

Thanks

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 1 month ago #175

• h2oskiin
Not all BOD members approved a NEGATIVE $45,000 BUDGET. I abstained and so did 2 others.
The difference between this budget and the previous 2 so called balanced budgets is that we did not allow them to inflate income as has been the practice.
The membership wants the truth, well here it is. Membership is down, event attendance is down, donations are down. Cuts are going to have to be made.
There are about 2900 members in this association who are responsible for the short come of the budget, not just 13. The BOD can support events but we can not make the membership go to the events. If you do not attend then perhaps you are part of the problem.
As The ODF event chair says, if you can not attend the event then register anyways, the money goes to help keep lands open.
Kerrie Graham
South District Sec/Treasure

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 1 month ago #179

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
I think to abstain from a vote is kind of like not voting at all.
If I did not like the budget, I would vote no, then that tells the message that you did not like that specific item. But to abstain does not really tell me your thoughts on the item voted on.

As far as paying for a registration, and then not showing up for me is not an option. We plan out most of our event trips about a year out. We have specific ones that we always plan for as best as we can, and these are High Sierra and Molina, as our club is very active at these two events.
With being active in Cal4 at these events, BlueRibbon Coalition BOD, the Cal4Wheel Foundation BOT, and other land use and access work, we do not have the extra funds to pay for a registration and then not attend. I hope this idea works for others, but not for us.

I have sent Steve Egbert and Mark Cave a marketing plan for Cal4, and I will make some small changes to it after an email back from Steve. The marketing plan can be shared with the BOD, but that is about it. This document will be considered confidential to me and the BOD and contractors only. And this is standard across the business sector also, as you do not want to give away your plan to increase funds for the organization.

So, we need to get the membership to help fix the budget issue, while thinking outside of the box on this issue. I think it is possible to fix the budget issue.

Thanks

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 1 month ago #182

• h2oskiin
Todd,
Your right it is like not voting at all. That is the point. I will not vote on a budget that run this association into the ground. How long do you think this Association will survive on it's reserves 2 maybe 3 years tops.
Do I expect you to pay for an event that you are not attending? No I do not. You do enough serving in the military. You give all of us the right to use public lands with just doing that. Are there others who can afford it? Absolutely.
I welcome seeing your plans or anyones for that matter.
Kerrie
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds