This landuse email comes to you from Del Albright, Outdoor Recreation Advocate
January 2013 Highlighted Landuse Issues/Links from Team Albright
1. Johnson Valley, the Hammers – PLEASE sign the petition needing 1000 signatures a day, to request the White House to deny any request by the 29 Palms Marine Base to use land from Johnson Valley OHV area for base expansion. We love the Marines; but they don’t need our OHV area. Go here to sign: ultra4racing.com/featured/1000-signature...lp-save-the-hammers/ .
2. Oregon – comments needed on Oregon Dunes Designated Routes Project DEIS, right away. Best coastal dunes around are in jeopardy and need our help. Your letter can make a difference. BRC has a sample letter here: www.sharetrails.org/alerts/2013/01/15/or...-routes-project-deis .
3. Wilderness Costs: The economic costs of Wilderness, from USA-All (Utah Shared Access Alliance) – what a negative impact on local communities and economies. www.environmentaltrends.org/single/artic...s-of-wilderness.html .
4. Fishing: Recreational fishing a positive impact for local (and national) economies in this new report Sportfishing in America: An Economic Force for Conservation. muirnet.net/news-bytes/new-report-highli...-conservation-impact .
5. UFWDA: United Four Wheel Drive quarterly magazine, with tons of 4x4 access info, The Compass, is online here: www.u4wda.org/ .
6. “Big Green Money:” see this note from BlueRibbon Coalition how the anti-OHV legal efforts have grant money available to them approaching 100 million bucks! See the net assets of some of the biggies in the anti-crowd, here: www.sharetrails.org/public-lands/anti-oh...-efforts-money-talks .
More from Team Albright here at www.delalbright.com .
Thanks for your help,
Del & Stacie Albright