Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 18 ENF trails still closed due to meadows

18 ENF trails still closed due to meadows 11 months 2 weeks ago #326

• Simple Man
  • In Low Range
Wheelers,

I have been asked by fellow Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo’s what is happening with the 18 trails that are still closed due to these trails not meeting S&G 100. I’d like to see this forum used to keep the users updated on what progress is being made for each of the 18 trails.

My focus has been on 14N39, the Richardson Lake Trail to Sourdough Hill, off the east end of the Rubicon Trail.

The ENF is not being overly cooperative with trying to get things done. We’ve toured the trail, but without a hydrologist. There has been no discussion with users on determining what the fix will be for each of the four issues on 14N39.

The ENF claims that opening these trails are a high priority.

Of course, the ENF has found the time to block access to the trail with a "Road Closed" sign and two 8"x8" post in the middle of the trail.

I’m planning on sitting down with the ENF on the 12th to have a face to face to discuss the issues of poor communications and what the fixes will be.

If you have any knowledge of progress (or not) of the other 17 trails, please post up what you can in order to keep the users informed.

Thanks,
Doug Barr
www.TheOtherRubicon.com
Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo’s
North Tahoe Trail Dusters
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Simple Man.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

18 ENF trails still closed due to meadows 11 months 6 days ago #327

• jeepndel
  • In Low Range
Motherlode Rockcrawlers are keeping an eye on Pardoe/Emigrant and the trail is closed about half way thru, but with a paper sign saying closed until repairs made....
Attachments:
Del Albright
Environmental Affairs,CA4WDC
Ambassador, BlueRibbon Coalition
Founding Trail Boss, FOTR
Leadership Trainer, RLTC

18 ENF trails still closed due to meadows 11 months 6 days ago #329

• Simple Man
  • In Low Range
I sat down with the ENF on the 12th. They claim there is not enough data in the original survey notes, the notes they took during the tour on Aug 15th, the note & photos I have provided to make any decisions about possible fixes for the first three 'meadow' issues.

They say they can't move forward without another tour of the trail to get the NEW hydrologist, NEW water expert and roads people to see the issues for themselves.

So, we are in a holding pattern until the spring melt.

The ENF claims these should be 'maintenance issues and the turn around time from the tour to boots on the ground maintenance should be less than two weeks. They claim they have the funding and that Thornburg is ready to approve what ever fixes are needed.

We need to be ready to move on short notice to work with the FS to implement the fixes they come up with.

It would look very good for us if there were an adopt-a-trail group in place to handle the paperwork for these and future maintenance.

Doug
Doug Barr
www.TheOtherRubicon.com
Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo’s

18 ENF trails still closed due to meadows 5 months 1 day ago #355

• Simple Man
  • In Low Range
The ENF will be holding a tour of the Richardson Lake Trail (14N39) to discuss the possible fixes to the first three 'meadow' issues on the trail on June 25th.

Yes, in typical FS fashion, that is a weekday, Wednesday.

I've had a good response for needed drivers so far but if you're interested in participating, please let me know.

Doug
Doug Barr
www.TheOtherRubicon.com
Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo’s
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds