Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FOTR Maintenance Effort

FOTR Maintenance Effort 2 years 5 months ago #113

• Simple Man
  • In Low Range
On Friday June 29th, Saturday June 30th and Sunday July 1st, FOTR will be doing some intense maintenance on Cadillac Hill. Part of the work involves cementing rock and boulders in place.

Cadillac Hill WILL BE CLOSED for up to 12 hours, while cement cures. I think they will try and pour late in the day to allow the cement to cure overnight.

Contact FOTR through the website www.FriendsoftheRubicon.com for more information or to volunteer to help with this or future projects.

Doug
Doug Barr
www.TheOtherRubicon.com
Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo’s
North Tahoe Trail Dusters
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FOTR Maintenance Effort 2 years 5 months ago #114

• Simple Man
  • In Low Range
I just received the following email regarding the work to be done on Cadillac Hill this coming weekend:

Work Weekend info:

All thank you very much for signing up. I will be on Channel 10 for the CB and I will have the hamm radio also

Please try and pass the word the trail will be closed for a bit maybe 2 hours on Saturday to allow for concrete to dry a little

we should have a great time up there

The Rubicon Rockheads will have a great meal for us Saturday night!

Looks like we will be able to tackle a couple of different area's one is Morris Rock and the hair pin / 180 turn.

To recap:

The sad news is that there will be no rock pile above Morris rock, the county line on this trail has to be dealt with we will be getting rock from within the easement above Morris Rock, we can go into the springs and get rock from the stock pile but I think it is to far and who wants to haul rock up hill, we can also grab it below the trail where it has rolled off, We can figure it out but with Talking to Tim G, on Saturday it might only take 4 trailers or so

-Kevin Arnolds group will be up there this Tuesday and Wednesday working on V-Rock and the notch Below V-rock

-Tim Greene will be the crew leader on Morris Rock

I will have a report of how much cement is left to haul in on Thursday, there have been multiple folks bring in cement over the last 2 weeks, we started out at 100 sacks. I will post up more info Thursday about how many sacks are left

Jim Cutsinger (my father in law) Myself and Matt Farley will have the 3 RTF Trailers up there. we are going to be filling them up also.

Friday I will be also drilling and setting in rebar so its ready to go on Saturday

Saturday morning briefing will take place at Dirty Dozen Camp at 7:30 am I will brief everyone with what is going on then we split up into teams and take off I hope to wrap up work buy 1:00-2:00pm +/- so we have some time left to sit in the river and discuss current politics :) I'm thinking Saturday night chow will be at about 6:00 or so

Also there is a rumor about a raffle or give away during dinner we will see what happens.

The list is as follows:
Rusty F.
Jim C.
Bob R.
Sean R.
Ken H. + 4 more
Scott M.
Gary L.
Rod M.
Tim Greene + 2 boys
Brian B.
Dave S.
Tim W.
Pat M.
Kevin C.
Craig E.

about 20 so far + the Rockheads

Please let us know if youa re making it or not so we can have food for you

Also bring gloves, bug repellent, small hand tools bars, shovels, eye protection, etc. ect.

Any thoughts lets get the hammered out in the next couple of days

Thank you

Rusty Folena
Winemaker
Vino Noceto Wines
209-245-6555
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Doug Barr
www.TheOtherRubicon.com
Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo’s

Re: FOTR Maintenance Effort 2 years 4 months ago #118

• Simple Man
  • In Low Range
After 150 bags of concrete and countless yards of rock, Cadillac Hill should be good for another 20 years.

FOTR was able to get the concrete, rock and rebar in place with minimal disruption of traffic.

Most of the work was done on V-Rock, The Notch and Mosrris Rock (The Steps). The under cutting and ruts along the side of these obsticles were filled in and secured.

The idea was not to make anything easier but to sabilize each obsticle.

Rusty Folena needs a round of applause for getting this done!
Doug Barr
www.TheOtherRubicon.com
Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo’s
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds