Contact Governor to oppose Carnegie legislation
OPPOSE: AB 1086 Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area: Alameda-Tesla Expansion Area
(As Amended September 6, 2019)
Senate Bill 767 died in the Assembly Appropriations Committee last week.
But now, SB 767 has been resurrected into AB1086, this bill is a "gut and amend" bill that is very similar to SB767. Cal4 was opposed SB767 and opposes the resurrected AB1086. But in addition to the policy objections of the bill, we object to the underhanded process that is being attempted to ram AB1086 through the legislature with only days to go in this session of the State legislature.
If you want to watch yesterday's AB1086 hearing in the Senate Natural Resources and Water Committee follow this link to the hearing- https://www.senate.ca.gov/media-archive and select the September 11 hearing of the Senate Natural Resources and Water Committee and click “Watch.”
Cal4 is asking its members and supporters to contact the Governor and oppose this legislation.
- This legislation would set a dangerous precedent by emboldening local landowners who object to the location of any state park, preserve or beach to push legislation to privatize that specific location.
- Remind them that the land in question was purchased using funds from the Off-Highway Vehicle Trust Fund over 20 years ago.
- The Governor’s Department of Finance opposed SB767.
- Passage of AB1086 may result in a significant loss to the state through the sale of property at less than fair market value.
- It is not consistent with the approved plan for this Recreation Area as developed by State Parks
- The legislation ignores the fact the majority of opposition comes from a few local landowners who have already signed off on the acquisition and the legislatures own approval of the purchase expressly for OHV use.
- State parks should remain for the benefit of all Californians, not just a select few.
Please contact Governor Newsom NOW -
Governor Gavin Newsom
1303 10th Street, Ste. 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814
- california state parks
- carnegie svra
- central california
- comment letters
- desert advisory council
- eldorado national forest
- endangered species
- foothill yellow legged frog
- forest plan revisions
- imperial sand dunes
- johnson valley
- joshua tree
- lassen national forest
- oceano svra
- ohmvr commission
- ohmvr program
- ohv grants
- ohv trails
- red rock canyon
- sage grouse
- sequoia national forest
- sierra national forest
- south cow mountain
- travel management plan