CA4WDC Conservation and Education
Foundation Scholarship Fund
The CA4WDC Conservation and Education Foundation awards three scholarships annually. These awards are given in honor of Bud Hammers, a charter member of the Tulare County 4X4 Club, one of the original clubs that started CA4WDC. Bud served as President pro-tem until Steve Morris was elected as first President. He also served as treasurer for CA4WDC and served on the Legislative Committee in 1960 and 1961. He was very supportive and dedicated to our cause.
Scholarships are awarded to help sponsor private post-secondary education for selected CA4WDC members or their children. The scholarship program is funded by donations from CA4WDC members and the recipients of the awards are selected by the Life Members of CA4WDC. The program is fully funded by donations only, so the amount awarded each year varies.
Requirements for Application:
- Must be a CA4WDC member or immediate family (children of members).
- Minimum GPA of 2.5.
- 20 hours of documented public service work from any or a combination of:
- CA4WDC event as a committee volunteer.
- A CA4WDC club conservation run doing trail cleanup or repair.
- Political activism in support of OHV issues.
- One page essay on stated topic.
- Copies of transcripts from the most recent semester.
Application for scholarship must be received in the CA4WDC office no later than December 31. Application may be downloaded below, or obtained from the office by calling 800-4x4-FUNN. Mail, fax or email may be used to send the application.
Note: The 20 hours of public service work can be met with the production of a short video or photo slide show to be published on the CA4WDC YouTube Channel.
- Appropriate video or photo slide shows must contain images of a four wheel drive activity such as trail ride, trail cleanup, event participation, or other trail conservation project with members in participation.
- Desired images of vehicles should have a visible CA4WDC or club decal and identify the area where taken.
- Audio/soundtrack is not required.
- Videos and photo slide shows should convey a message of family activity enjoying the outdoors.