Piute Mountains - Sequoia NF

More
2 years 1 month ago #400 by jstewart
jstewart created the topic: Piute Mountains - Sequoia NF
Piute Mountains has a travel management plan that was out for public comment in Mar/Apr 2011. I provided comments on behalf of Cal4Wheel.

Since the last round of public comment, an additional issue with a proposal to decommission and convert some routes in the area as part of the Tobias Forest Ecosystem Restoration Project (Jan 2015) was circulated and comments provided. The routes in question were also in the Piute Travel Management document with no changes between the two proposals.

I exchanged email with Jon Aichle (Bakersfield TrailBlazers) concerning this issue.

There is some dispute at this point as to that round of comments being "scoping" or "draft". Supervisor Elliot has signed a Record of Decision to move ahead with travel management in the Piute Mountains. This move is after I pushed Forest Service and OHMVR Commission to hold Sequoia NF in default of green sticker grant funding for not completing their travel management.

I have discussed the conflicting "scoping" or "draft" issue with Paul Turcke (attorney for BlueRibbon Coalition). While an unusual move, it is not an "illegal" move considering that additional info was requested from the public under the Tobias Forest Ecosystem Restoration Project which was the vehicle used to move the Piute Travel Management forward.

And, in other Sequoia NF action, I have interceded for the Kingsburg 4WDC to preserve their snow run in the Hume Lake District of Sequoia NF.

John Stewart
NRC South
California Four Wheel Drive Associaiton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: jstewartsandraider@comcast.net
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds